analogReference() - Analog I/O
Configures the reference voltage used for analog input (i.e. the value used as the top of the input range). The options are:
- DEFAULT: the default analog reference of 5 volts (on 5V Arduino boards) or 3.3 volts (on 3.3V Arduino boards)
- INTERNAL: an built-in reference, equal to 1.1 volts on the ATmega168 or ATmega328 and 2.56 volts on the ATmega8 (not available on the Arduino Mega)
- INTERNAL1V1: a built-in 1.1V reference (Arduino Mega only)
- INTERNAL2V56: a built-in 2.56V reference (Arduino Mega only)
- EXTERNAL: the voltage applied to the AREF pin (0 to 5V only) is used as the reference.
//type: which type of reference to use (DEFAULT, INTERNAL, INTERNAL1V1, INTERNAL2V56, or EXTERNAL).
Output / Return Value
Alternatives / See Also